Since 2014, Wyndham City has been replacing the bulbs of our street lights with energy-efficient LED globes.
These sustainable globes are significantly driving down Council’s output of greenhouse gas emissions and reducing our electricity bills.
To date, Wyndham City has invested $8.4 million in this program, with the Federal Government contributing $1.5 million.
Over the 2019/20 financial year, Council is upgrading 1500 street lights across the municipality, including 271 lights in Werribee.
- Replacing the bulbs of street lights with sustainable LED globes
- 271 street lights being upgraded in Werribee
- Reducing Council’s greenhouse gas output by 2,600 tonnes annually
- Saving Council approximately $13 million over 20 years
- Improving community safety