Wyndham City is investing in a $3.8 million redevelopment of the Galvin Park Soccer Pavilion.
This project will be undertaken over two stages and will include the demolition of the existing pavilion and construction of two new pavilions that will feature a large community room, six new change rooms that meet modern standards and are welcoming for all genders, a large kitchen and canteen, public toilets and officials facilities.
Once complete, it will provide a new home for the Werribee City Soccer Club and the many community groups and schools that currently use this space, and will be fully compliant for disability access.
This redevelopment is the fifth stage of the Galvin Park Master Plan rollout, which has resulted in substantial Council investment for the sporting hub in recent years.
- Two new pavilions
- Large community room
- Large kitchen and canteen
- New change rooms that are welcoming for all genders
- Three accessible toilet/shower rooms and access throughout the facility
- Officials facilities
- Will service four soccer pitches
- New and upgraded sporting facilities that will help boost participation in sport
- Provide a new home for the Werribee City Soccer Club and the many community groups and schools that currently use this space
- A space that is accessible for people with a disability
Construction starting: July 2020
Expected completion: Mid-2021 (construction timelines may be affected by COVID-19 restrictions)