The vision for the Community Centre is for a safe, warm and enticing place where local people of all ages and backgrounds gather, connect and engage in community.
Once complete, the centre will provide flexible spaces for a range of community services in a safe, welcoming, sustainable and innovative environment. The centre will also provide opportunities for residents to meet and connect with each other; participate in community life and access local services, programs and information. The centre will provide health and well-being benefits to individuals, families and entire communities.
Black Forest Road South Community Centre will be comprised of the following spaces:
- 3 x kindergarten rooms
- Kindergarten kitchen, laundry and foyer
- 2 x multipurpose community rooms and storage
- 3 x maternal and child health consulting suites
- 2 x meeting room
- Community kitchen
- Staff office accommodation
- All accessible amenities
- Various outdoor spaces including outdoor kindergarten playspace
- On-site car parking
The kindergarten service will be operated by One Tree Community Services via a partnership agreement.