This new $8.2m facility is part of the delivery of a range of community infrastructure planned through the Manor Lakes Precinct Structure Plan 2012 to service the community now and into the future
The centre will provide:
- Three and four-year-old kindergarten
- Maternal & child health services
- Flexible small format community meeting space
- Integrated office space for services
- Toy library
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Car parking
Key community benefits:
- New services to support residents in a high growth area
- Early years education and support close to home
- Maternal child & health services close to home
- Located next to a new primary school, Ngarri Primary School (opening in 2023), to support the transition from pre-school to prep
- Supports an integrated and networked approach to children’s education and development
- Located next to new sports fields and pavilions (opening in 2024)
Birnbial Family Centre was chosen as the new centre name following community consultation and collaboration with Wadawurrung Traditional Owners.
In language, Birnbial (pronounced Bin-beel) means ‘rainbow’.
Consulting with the Wadawurrung Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation to provide name options that reference Aboriginal Heritage in Wyndham demonstrates our commitment to a journey towards reconciliation.
We used Manor Lakes North Family Centre as an interim name while the centre was being built.
This centre will be operated by Wyndham City's early years partner, KU Children’s Services. For more information about KU: https://www.ku.com.au/
See the latest construction update below: