The Pet & Animal Expo is back in 2021, with a new venue and we can’t wait to see you all!
A must for all animal lovers; this free, family and pet friendly event will be held on Sunday 12 September at Wyndham Park, featuring all the favourites you love.
Look out for the ever popular Main Arena showcasing dog agility, obedience and tricks, animal farm, animal exhibitors and market stalls, food trucks and more!
Check back here closer to the date for further information and programs.
Wyndham City is committed to providing a COVID safe event and Wyndham City will abide by all current restrictions and guidelines as set by the State Government of Victoria.
Food Vendor Applications
Conditions of Entry
The Pet & Animal Expo is a free family-friendly event hosted by Wyndham City Council. Pet & Animal Expo attendees must comply with the Conditions of Entry below so that everyone can enjoy the event in safety and comfort.
Attendees must comply with all current Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions. Attendees are required to check in using the QR code for contact tracing purposes.
Alcohol and smoking
Alcohol and smoking are not permitted at the Pet & Animal Expo.
Food will be available for purchase at the Pet & Animal Expo. BYO food is permitted.
Live streaming or broadcasting of events and/or activities held at the Pet & Animal Expo is not permitted. Commercial photography is not permitted without prior permission from Council. Drones are not permitted at the event, unless with prior approval from the event organisers Wyndham City Council.
Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
Pets and animals
Pets are permitted at the Pet & Animal Expo provided that they are on a lead or in a cage and are supervised and controlled by their owner at all times. Owners must pick up after their pets.
Bicycles, scooters and skateboards
Bicycles, scooters and skateboards must be dismounted and must not be ridden at the Pet & Animal Expo.
Advertising and the sale or hire of Goods
Attendees are not permitted to sell or offer for sale or hire any items, nor to distribute handbills, pamphlets, notices or other advertising materials, without prior permission from Council.
Anti-social behaviour is prohibited. The Pet & Animal Expo is intended to be family friendly, safe and comfortable for all attendees. Council requires that attendees behave in a safe, responsible and courteous manner at all times.
Many of the free activities offered at the Pet & Animal Expo are run by third parties. Council makes no guarantee about an activity’s quality or suitability for attendees. Attendees are responsible for deciding whether an activity is suitable for them and/or their children to participate in.
Attendees are responsible for all personal property taken to the Pet & Animal Expo and must not leave their property unattended. Council reserves the right to remove any property left unattended at Pet & Animal Expo.
It is recommended that attendees take proper SunSmart precautions at the Pet & Animal Expo, including using sunscreen, wearing a hat and staying hydrated.
Consent in relation to images and photographs
By entering the Pet & Animal Expo, attendees’ consent to the capturing and publishing of their image in authorised promotional photos and videos in whatever format and forum Council chooses.
All bags are subject to a security search upon entry to the Pet & Animal Expo. Any prohibited items will be confiscated and disposed of at Council’s discretion.
Attendees must follow any reasonable direction given by a Council officer, authorised event security personnel or Police.
Right to refuse entry
Council reserves the right to refuse entry to those who do not comply with these Conditions of Entry or where the Pet & Animal Expo has reached capacity.
Cancellation and/or modification of events and activities
Council reserves the right to cancel and/or modify the Pet & Animal Expo event. Cancellations and modifications will be advised via Council’s website (www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/petexpo) and the Wyndham City and Experience Wyndham Facebook pages (www.facebook.com/wyndhamcitycouncil and www.facebook.com/experiencewyndham).
Failure to Comply with Conditions of Entry
Failure to comply may result in an attendee being removed from the Pet & Animal Expo and refused re-entry to the event and/or future Council events.
Changes to these conditions
Council reserves the right to change these Conditions of Entry at any time.
Attendance at and/or participation in activities at the Pet & Animal Expo is entirely at the risk of attendees. To the extent permitted by law, Council accepts no liability for any claim for loss, harm, damage, costs or expenses which may arise as a consequence of any such attendance at and/or participation in activities at the Pet & Animal Expo.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Tickets: This event is a FREE event; no ticket is required. All attendees will be required to check into the event with the QR code provided at the entry points.
- Photography/Filming: Live streaming or broadcasting of this event is not permitted. Commercial photography is not permitted without prior permission from Wyndham City Council. Filming/photography and other media requests can be directed to email@example.com
- Photographer: A Council photographer will be taking some happy snaps on the day! We’ll share these on our social media and websites. If you’re camera shy and don’t want your photo taken, just let our photographer and/or our event staff know on the day!
- Photos: Share your photos on the day... simply upload to your Facebook or Instagram account and #experiencewyndham #petandanimalexpo
- Drones: Are not permitted at the event, unless with prior approval from the event organisers Wyndham City Council.
- Food: There will be a small selection of food and beverages on offer to purchase at the event. Just a short walk to local eateries in Werribee CBD and we encourage you to support these businesses along Watton Street and surrounds.
- Water: A water trailer will be available for fresh drinking water throughout the event.
- First Aid: A first Aid service will be onsite, please refer to event program released on website closer to event date and the signage displayed at event when you arrive.
- Access: The best access point for the park is through Wedge St Piazza, Watton Street, Werribee.
- Parking: There is a range of public car parks located close to the park, in the Werribee City Centre. These include:
- The large new car park established by Council at the corner of Werribee and Watton Streets, with 200 all-day free spots for anybody to use (access Wyndham park via the Wedge St Piazza and Wyndham Park Pedestrian Bridge);
- The large public car park on Comben Drive (access Wyndham Park via the Bicentennial Pedestrian Bridge). View the Event Parking Map.
- There are also drop-off areas in Comben Drive and a number of car parks in and around Watton Street, Synnot Street, and Cottrell Street.
- Public Transport: Wyndham Park is a short walk from Werribee Train Station.
- Pets: Can I bring my pet? Yes! This event is aimed at providing information and education about responsible pet ownership in a fun and engaging way. Please be aware that there will be many animals on site including many dogs. If you are bringing your dog you must ensure it is always kept on a leash and well socialised in respect to other animals, people and crowds. Dogs cannot be left unattended tied to poles or fixtures. All owners must pick up after their dog on the day.
- What to Bring: Picnic rug, a hat, sunscreen, jacket, and a poncho for inclement weather. Please note there are limited shaded areas – so come prepared for rain, hail or shine.
- Toilets: There will be toilets located in two locations within the event site including accessible bathrooms and baby change facilities.
- Animal Exhibitors & Market Stalls: There will be a selection of pet related Exhibitors & Market Stalls that you will be able to visit and engage with and purchase from on the day.
- Lost Children: We encourage you to pick up an ID wristband at the Information Marquee so we can quickly reunite you should you lose your child during the event. All lost children will be brought to the Information Marquee.
- ATM: The closest ATM is available on Watton Street and surrounds.
- Event Map: Please check the website closer to the event for a detailed map/plan of the event site.
- Alcohol: This is an alcohol-free event (no alcohol).
- Date and time
Wyndham Park, Watton Street, Werribee
- Wyndham City