We are collecting stories from Wyndham’s community on the effects of COVID-19 on our way of life. These stories will be preserved on the Wyndham History Website and in the library’s collection for future generations.
You can tell your story by sharing:
- A photo with a caption
- A one-minute audio recording
- A 500-word letter to a future generation
Some ideas to get you started:
- How you are coping with social distancing?
- What have you noticed about the different ways we are going about our lives?
- How are you reconnecting or disconnecting from work, school, friends and family?
- What do you miss the most and why?
- What’s the first thing you will do when this is over and why?
- Have you missed any life events (weddings, funerals, parties) and how has that made you feel?
Any questions? Please contact the Family and Local History Librarian on 8734 2600 or email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- By making a submission to Our Wyndham Covid-19 Stories project (‘project’), you agree to be bound by these conditions.
- You agree that where you are under the age of 18, you have obtained your parent/guardian’s consent to make a submission to the project. You acknowledge that Council may contact the parent/guardian specified in your submission form at any time to confirm that consent has been provided.
- Submissions must:
(a) be your own original work and must not contain any objectionable, profane, offensive, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material, or infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; and
(b) meet the file format and size requirements as specified in the submission form.
- If your submission contains copyrighted material, such as sound recordings, music, art or images, you must have a licence or other consent to use that material. Licences or evidence of consent must be provided to Council on request.
- Prior to making a submission in which any individual is capable of being identified, you must obtain their written consent (or the consent of their parent or guardian if they are aged under 18) to be captured in the content and for a submission to be made. Evidence of such consent must be provided to Council upon request.
- You acknowledge that you retain copyright in your submission.
- You agree to grant Council a royalty-free licence to:
(a) preserve your submission as part of its library collection; and
(b) publish your submission (in whole or in part) on Council’s local history website (www.wyndhamhistory.net.au) and link the published submission to Council’s library catalogue; and
(c) use, publish or reproduce your submission (in whole or in part) in any format, including in Council’s publications, promotional material, website and social media for the purpose of promoting or advertising the project or local history generally.
- You acknowledge that publication of your submission on Council’s website and library catalogue will result in it being publicly available via the National Library of Australia’s search engine (trove.nla.gov.au).
- You acknowledge that Council may publish your name in connection with your submission, subject to compliance with the form of acknowledgement you have specified in your submission form.
- Council reserves the right not to publish any submissions or to remove any published submissions where Council, acting in its absolute discretion, determines that:
(a) you have submitted false, inaccurate, insufficient or misleading information in your submission; or
(b) you have not complied with these conditions; or
(c) your submission is inappropriate for publication.
- You must indemnify and hold harmless Council, its councillors and employees against all claims arising in connection with a breach of these conditions.
- You acknowledge that you can revoke this consent at any time by notifying Council in writing.
- Council reserves the right to change or modify these conditions at any time.