Wyndham City Learning Community unit virtually presented their paper, co-written by Diane Tabbagh and Dr Leone Wheeler: “Wyndham City: A tale of steady progress towards a sustainable learning community" at the recent AEGT2021 Conference, the product of a three-year collaboration—rudely interrupted by the COVID global pandemic—between the Canadian Association for the Study of Adult Education (CASAE), the Adult Learning and Education Group at the University of British Columbia, and the following seven adult education organizations:
• Adult Education Research Conference (AERC)
• American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE)
• Adult Learning Australia (ALA)
• European Society for Research on the Education of Adults (ESREA)
• Indian Adult Education Association (IAEA) • International Society for Comparative Adult Education (ISCAE)
• Standing Conference on University Teaching and Research in the Education of Adults (SCUTREA). This rare international collaboration offers up more than 200 research presentations representing the work of scholars from more than 40 countries. The pandemic has prevented us from travelling to Vancouver, however we were able to take up the opportunity to present and attend virtually.