An exciting new upgrade is on the horizon for Werribee South Beach.
Wyndham City has adopted the Werribee South Beach Master Plan, which will transform Werribee South Beach into a new, welcoming and fun place by implementing a range of visitor, amenity and access upgrades.
Key features of the plan include:
- Wyndham Bay Trail improvements, including an elevated boardwalk that will be setback from the Beach Road edge and a shared user path between Grahams Wetland Reserve and Wyndham Harbour
- New solar lighting along the length of the Werribee South Bay Trail
- A new wetland deck overlooking the Werribee River
- A new fishing deck and seating area
- An upgraded and expanded playground
- Additional BBQ and picnic facilities
- New public toilets with facilities for people living with disabilities and accessible beach matting to the main beach shoreline
Works will be staged, with stage one to include the Bay Trail improvements, wetland deck, new fishing platform and the dog off-lead beach.
Wyndham City Mayor Susan McIntyre said once implemented, the master plan would make Werribee South Beach a must-visit destination for all residents.
“This project will benefit all visitors to Werribee South beach by providing greater amenity, improved public access and more opportunities to have fun along Wyndham's coastal precinct,” Cr McIntyre said.
“It provides a unique opportunity to upgrade our coastline and I’m looking forward to seeing the first stage of works, which will significantly improve walking and cycling access, enjoyment of the foreshore, and improve opportunities for fishing, a much-loved Wyndham pastime for many.”
“Wyndham City undertook a rigorous community engagement process to understand what our residents wanted to see from the Master Plan, and I want to personally thank everyone who took the time to provide their valuable feedback.”
The Werribee South Beach Master Plan forms part of the implementation of Wyndham’s Coastal and Marine Management Plan.