Looking for a way to get active or try something new, and not sure where to start?
Wyndham City’s Healthy and Active Expo from 21 September – 13 October 2019, showcases sports, fitness and wellbeing activities in your local neighbourhood with free events, clinics and ‘come and try’ sessions for all ages and abilities.
Whether you’re looking to kick start your fitness, try a new team sport or in search of a little relaxation, there’s a session to suit you!
Choose from more than 120 free sessions, including lots of fun and rewarding ‘come and try’ activities for kids and families.
The Healthy & Active Expo also provides a great opportunity to meet new people in a fun and relaxed environment; who knows, you might even find your new walking buddy or netball team!
All sessions are free – some sessions have limited availability so registrations essential.
Can’t make it to your registered event? Please let us know at least two days prior via firstname.lastname@example.org, to provide others with the chance to attend and help club volunteers and staff prepare for their session – see more details on cancellations below.
Expo Terms and Conditions
Wyndham City has created the Healthy and Active Expo with the support of local providers who will be running each session. While all efforts have been made to source quality providers, Council cannot guarantee the quality of the activities.
Participants need to take responsibility for deciding whether an activity is appropriate for them and/or their children to take part in.
If you feel that any activity is inappropriate for the Healthy & Active Expo please notify Council.
Registrations and Cancellations
Wyndham’s passionate volunteers, coaches, trainers and providers can’t wait to welcome you at this year’s Expo.
If you can’t make it to your registered session please let us know at least two days prior via email@example.com, to provide others with the chance to attend and to help providers prepare for their session.
In the instance of more than two late cancellations, or no-shows you may forfeit your subsequent Expo bookings, so please keep in touch if you’re having trouble making it to your sessions – we want you to have the best Expo possible.
Sometimes making it to sessions can be hard, especially with busy work schedules or when the weather doesn’t look so great.
Here are some tips to help you maintain that motivation throughout the Expo.
- Book in a session with a friend or colleague so you can keep each other on track.
- Pop a pre-packed sports bag in your car or take it work, so you’ve got it handy.
- If the thought of working out for a whole session makes you feel a bit overwhelmed, break it down into smaller goals – getting there, trying it out for ten minutes and then build from there…
Healthy and Active Expo Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is run by Wyndham City Council (‘Council’) in the state of Victoria, Australia only. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry. If your entry does not comply with these conditions, it will not be valid.
- Entry is restricted to participants in Council’s 2019 Healthy and Active Expo aged 18 years and over. Healthy and Active session providers, Council staff, Councillors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The competition opens at 7:00am on 21 September 2019 and closes at 5:00pm on 13 October 2019 (‘competition period’). Entries received outside of the competition period will not be accepted.
- To enter the competition, during the competition period, entrants must attend at least one session associated with the 2019 Healthy and Active Expo and upload a photograph from that session to Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #activewyndham.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original photograph and must not contain any objectionable, profane, offensive, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material, or infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights.
- Where a person is capable of being identified in a photograph, the entrant must obtain that person’s consent to be photographed and to enter the competition. Evidence of such consent must be provided to Council upon request.
- Winners will be drawn on 16 October 2019 at Wyndham City Council, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee. Four winners will be drawn to each receive a $50 Rebel Sport voucher (total prize pool valued at $200). Refer to Rebel Sport’s website www.rebelsport.com.au/customer-service/giftcard-terms.html for their terms and conditions for redemption of gift cards.
- Winners will be contacted by direct message on Facebook or Instagram on 16 October 2019 and their names will be published at www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/healthyandactiveexpo.
- If a winner cannot be contacted by 23 October 2019, Council may opt to conduct a further draw to determine a new winner.
- If a prize has not been claimed by 1 November 2019,the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to conduct a further draw to award the unclaimed prize.
- Council may require winners to provide evidence of their identity, age, residential address and or participation in a 2019 Healthy and Active Expo session. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a winner, Council reserves the right, in its entire discretion, to determine the identity of a winner.
- Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Entrants agree that by entering this competition, Council may, acting in its entire discretion, publish, repost or otherwise use the entrant’s entry either in full or in part on its website or social media to promote the 2019 Healthy and Active Expo.
- Entrants must indemnify and hold harmless Council, its Councillors and employees against all claims arising in connection with a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, invalid or corrupt entries.
For more information please contact Wyndham City on 9742 0777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org