What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

  • Fever
  • Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
  • Cough
  • Sore throat
  • Fatigue or tiredness.

Visit the Department of Health and Human Services website for more information.

Exposure Sites

What is an exposure site?

Exposure sites are premises that have had confirmed cases visit during their infectious period. This does not mean that there is an ongoing risk at these sites. Locations are identified during contact tracing.

I’ve visited an exposure site at a specified time. What do I do?

If you have visited an exposure site that has been categorised as a tier one site, you must get a COVID-19 test and remain isolated for 14 days, regardless of whether your results are positive or negative.

If you have visited an exposure site that is a tier two site, you are strongly encouraged to get a test as soon as you can, until you receive a negative result.

I visited an exposure site, but not during the specified times. What do I do?

If you have visited an exposure sire, but not in the specified time, continue to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. Get a COVID-19 test and isolate if symptoms develop.

Are exposure sites safe to visit?

The locations on the list of exposure sites are not a current risk to the public and you can visit them in line with the current restrictions.

Where can I find a full list of exposure sites?

A full list of exposure sites can be found at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus

Getting Tested

Where can I get tested?

There are a number of testing locations in and around Wyndham. They include:

Hoppers Crossing
Aquapulse/Encore Event Centre Carpark
80 Derrimut Road, Hoppers Crossing

Hoppers Crossing
4Cyte Pathology, 106 Heaths Road, Hoppers Crossing
Drive through

IPC Health - Wootten Road Reserve, 25-51 Wootten Road, Tarneit
Drive through

4Cyte Pathology - Truganina, 236A Sayers Road, Truganina
Walk In

Victoria University car park at 235 Hoppers Lane in Werribee. 

Werribee - ACL
234 Hoppers Lane (Opposite Gate 3, Victoria University), Werribee
Drive Through. Referral from GP required for asymptomatic testing.

Wyndham Vale
IPC Health - Wyndham Vale, 510 Ballan Street, Wyndham Vale
Drive through

For a full list of testing sites days and times of operation visit https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/covid-19-testing-sites

I’ve just had a test. What do I do?

If you have symptoms you must go home from the moment you have the test and isolate until receiving your results. If you’ve been tested after visiting a tier one exposure site, you must isolate for 14 days regardless of whether your result is positive or negative.


What if my COVID-19 test was negative?

If you are feeling well, you are able to go about your normal activity, following the restrictions in place. If you are unwell, you should still stay home, even after a negative test result until you are better.

If you’ve been tested after visiting a tier one exposure site, you must isolate for 14 days regardless of whether your result is positive or negative.

If your symptoms persist, you should get another test.


I received a message that I am COVID-19 positive what do I do next?

When you are informed that you have tested positive for COVID-19 you must start your isolation.

You will be regularly contacted by the Department of Health and Human Services after your diagnosis. You cannot end isolation until you meet the relevant clearance requirements. The Department will discuss these requirements with you. Further details can also be found on the dedicated COVID-19 hotline 1800 675 398 (24 hours, 7 days a week).

If you’re in need of local support, contact Wyndham City Council on 9742 0777. Council can connect you with local services. You will be supported to get what you need.

How long am I going to be in isolation for?

You must isolate until you receive a clearance from the Department of Health and Human Services. This will be at least ten days. The officer from the Department who calls you will explain what this means and will answer any questions you may have.

If I am COVID-19 positive can I go for walk?

No. If you are a confirmed as having COVID-19, you cannot leave your home to exercise until you have been cleared. Penalties apply.

I have been told that I cannot leave the house. How am I going to do my shopping?

Don’t panic, you’ll be able to get what you need. A number of supermarkets are able to deliver your groceries to your home and offer priority assistance to those isolating.

Woolworths: https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/priorityassistance

Coles: https://shop.coles.com.au/a/national/content/priority-service-information

IGA: https://igashop.com.au/

If you’re in need of more support, contact Wyndham City Council on 9742 0777. Council can connect you with local services. You will be supported to get what you need.

Can I ask my relatives to buy and deliver food items to my house?

Providing care is one of the permitted reasons to leave home and also a permitted reason to travel more than 5km from your home. If possible, the family member that lives closest to the person that needs support should provide it.

The delivery should be contactless, meaning they should leave the items at your doorstep and not come into close contact with you.

If a person leaves their home to provide care and are stopped by Victoria Police they should clearly explain their reason for travel, that they are providing care.


If test positive and I have young children at home, can I get my relatives to take them to stay at their house?

Your children living in your home would be considered close contacts, and therefore need to be tested and quarantine at home.

Close contact means having face-to-face contact for more than 15 minutes or sharing a closed space for more than two hours with a confirmed case of COVID-19 when they were infectious.

If a person is a close contact, the Department of Health and Human Services will get in contact to tell them they are a close contact of a person who is confirmed to have coronavirus COVID-19. A close contact must quarantine at home.

What is the difference between quarantine and isolation?

Both isolation and quarantine reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.

Isolation separates people with COVID-19 from people who do not have the virus. Isolation means you should limit your interaction with others, including those you live with by isolating in a room alone. Quarantining restricts the movement of people who may have been exposed to COVID-19, but have not tested positive. This includes people living with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 and people who are a confirmed close contact.

What do they do if they don’t feel unwell during quarantine?

If, at the end of specified quarantine period, they remain well, they can leave quarantine. No medical certificate is required to enable you to return to other activities.

What do they do if they feel unwell during quarantine?

If they start to feel unwell, and especially if they develop any of the typical symptoms of COVID-19 during the quarantine period, they should either:

  • call the dedicated coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 675 398 (24 hours, 7 days a week) for advice
  • call ahead to your GP before they arrive at the doctor’s office so they can prepare appropriate infection control measures

In either circumstances, they should mention any recent contact with a person confirmed to have coronavirus (COVID-19).

How long should a close contact quarantine?

They should quarantine for 14 days from when the last COVID-19 diagnosed person isolating at the premises is given clearance from DHHS. This means if you live with two or more people who have been diagnosed, the 14 days starts from when the last diagnosed person at the premises is given clearance from the Department of Health and Human Services.

If they live with a diagnosed person and you are then diagnosed with COVID-19, they stop being in quarantine and must go into isolation until they receive a clearance certificate from the Department of Health and Human Services.

If they have serious symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, call triple zero (000) and ask for an ambulance. They should disclose any recent contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19.

If, at the end of 14 days, they are unwell with respiratory symptoms, they must continue to stay in quarantine. Call the dedicated COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398 (24 hours, 7 days a week) to find out what they should do next.

We have one bathroom, shower or toilet in the house I am worried I am going to infect my family what measure can I take to ensure that this doesn't happen?

If you share your home with others, you should limit your contact with them. Do this by:

  • staying alone in your own room
  • using a different bathroom, if possible
  • avoiding shared areas
  • wearing a mask when in the same room as others
  • not being in the same room as other people, especially people at risk of severe disease (this includes elderly people and people with heart, lung, or kidney conditions and diabetes)
  • washing your hands regularly and covering coughs and sneezes
  • not sharing household items
  • frequently cleaning the house, especially things people touch often, like door handles

If this is not possible, and you need to share a bathroom, shower or toilet, ensure areas are cleaned regularly.

What should be cleaned, and how should I do it?

Clean all 'high-touch' surfaces at least once per day wearing water-proof disposable gloves. This includes:

  • benchtops
  • tabletops
  • doorknobs
  • bathroom fixtures
  • toilets
  • bedside tables
  • phones
  • computer keyboards
  • tablets

You should also clean any surfaces that may have blood, body fluids and/or secretions on them.

Read labels of cleaning products and follow the instructions for use. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product. They also include precautions you should take when applying the product.

There are 2 options for cleaning something:

  • a 2-step cleaning process, where you clean something with detergent and then disinfect it
  • a 1-step process, where you use a combined detergent and disinfectant product.

The disinfectant you use should say on the label it is hospital-grade that kills viruses. You can also use a chlorine-based product such as bleach.


I heard that I am going to get $450 for the period I’m required to isolate after getting a test. How do I access this payment?

A $450 COVID-19 test isolation payment is available to eligible Victorians, including parents and guardians of children, who are self-isolating while awaiting the results of your COVID-19 test.

To be eligible for the $450 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test Isolation Payment, you must:

  • be 17 years and over
  • have been tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) or be the guardian or carer of someone who has been tested
  • live in Victoria
  • be likely to have worked during the self-isolation period and unable to work due to:
  • a requirement to self-isolate after the test
  • a requirement to stay in isolation to care for someone who is required to self-isolate
  • not receive income or salary during self-isolation
  • have exhausted sick and/or carers leave entitlements, including special pandemic leave, or have no entitlement to such leave
  • not be receiving Australian Government income support such as the JobSeeker payment, or be an employee subject to the JobKeeper payment

For support in applying for the payment, call 1800 675 398 and select option 8. More information at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/employee-isolation-payment-covid-19

What if I’m isolating or quarantining? Am I entitled to any money?

If you are isolating or quarantining and are unable to work as usual, you may be entitled to a $1500 worker support payment through the Federal Government.

  • To get this payment, all of the following must apply:
  • you’re at least 17 years old
  • you live in Victoria
  • you have no income from paid work, including sick leave entitlements.

In addition, the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services must also have told you to self-isolate or quarantine. They must have done this because of any of the following reasons:

  • you have COVID-19
  • you’ve been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19
  • you care for a child, 16 years and under, who has COVID-19
  • you care for a child, 16 years and under, who’s been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19.
  • If you have to self-isolate more than once, you can claim this payment each time.

You can claim by calling 180 22 66.

Phone lines are open during the following hours, Victorian local time:

  • 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday
  • 9 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday.

I need extra support for food. How can I get this?

There are a range of support services available to those who don't have access to food. 

Call the COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398. Delivery of a free emergency relief package can be arranged for people who are unable to access food themselves or do not have support available to them.

Alternatively, phone Wyndham City Council on 9742 0777 to be linked in with:

Food bank
Wyndham City Youth Services food bank service is available for young people aged between 12-25 who are struggling and need assistance. Call 8734 1355 between 9am–5pm to arrange a pick-up. 

Newstart Foodbank Manor Lakes
Grocery items, fresh produce and meals available
Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre, 86 Manor Lakes Blvd, Manor Lakes.
Every Wednesday: 9.00am – 11:30am
Phone: 0457 776 559

Wyndham Park Community Centre Foodbank
Grocery items, fresh produce and meals available
Wyndham Park Community Centre, 55-57 Kookaburra Ave, Werribee.
Tuesday and Friday: 9.00am – 12:00pm
Phone: 8742 3975

Australian Multicultural Services
Providing food, petrol vouchers and assistance to bills to anyone living in the western suburbs. Phone 9689 9170 on Mondays between 9am and 5pm

Council of Single Mothers and their Children
Phone: 9654 0622
A state-wide telephone support, information and referral service for single mothers and service providers. 
Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3pm with clients able to self-refer.
Please leave a message to receive a return call or email csmc@csmc.org.au
Also providing limited emergency relief for food and housing.

Salvation Army
Food vouchers and take away meals.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9.30am – 2pm
Phone: 9731 1344

Uniting Wyndham
Food vouchers/food parcels.
Monday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday.
All assistance is by appointment only. Please call for an appointment.
Phone:9051 2000
Email: wyndham.reception@vt.uniting.org
SMS: 0468 605 015.

Sikh Community of Western Victoria
Cooked meals (vegetarian)
Monday- Sunday
10am – 8pm
Gurpreet Singh: 0422025217
Sandeep Singh: 0433 003 309
Pritam Singh: 0421138113.

What if I need to access medication? Can I go to the pharmacy?


If you have outstanding prescriptions and are in need of medication delivery through this period, a number of local pharmacies are able to deliver. More information:

Terry White Chem Mart: https://www.terrywhitechemmart.com.au/delivery/

Guardian Pharmacies: https://www.guardianpharmacies.com.au/medicine-home-delivery

Amcal: https://www.amcal.com.au/medicine-home-delivery

Pharmacy Pal: https://pharmacypal.com.au/


How will I know my isolation or quarantine period is over?

You will be contacted by the Department of Health and Humans Services when the period is over. The period is dependent on when you got the virus, but it will be at least 10 days.

Will I get formal clearance from the Department of Health and Human Services?

Yes, you will receive a clearance certificate indicating you are free of COVID-19.

My employer has called me to go back to work. Can I?

Only once you have received your clearance certificate.

What is social distancing and why is it important?

Social distancing is designed to limit the spread of a disease by reducing the opportunities for close contact between people. Strategies include using conference calls and video conferencing in place of face-to-face meetings and avoiding unnecessary travel or public transport where possible.

Social distancing includes:

  • Attempting to keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other people where possible, for example when you are out and about in public places
  • Avoiding crowds and mass gatherings where it is difficult to keep the appropriate distance away from others
  • Avoiding small gatherings in enclosed spaces, for example family celebrations
  • Avoiding shaking hands, hugging, or kissing other people
  • Avoiding visiting vulnerable people, such as those in aged care facilities or hospitals, infants, or people with compromised immune systems due to illness or medical treatment

What can I do to reduce my risk of COVID-19 infection?

  • You are required to wear a face mask / covering  if you are leaving home for one of the four reasons.
  • Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
  • Try not to touch your eyes nose or mouth.
  • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
  • Stay at home if you feel sick. If you take medication make sure you have enough.
  • Phone your doctor or the hotline – 1800 020 080 – if you suspect you have COVID-19. They will tell you what to do.
  • Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
  • Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
  • Avoid contact with anyone who has cold or flu-like symptoms.

What should I do if I do not feel well?

If you suspect that you or a family member has COVID-19 you should call (not visit) your GP or ring the national COVID-19 Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.

Where can I find out more information on COVID-19?

Information about getting tested in languages other than English

Resources for Aboriginal communities are available

Health Assessment Centres

The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is responsible for setting up the assessment centres. They have been set up to support where the need is the greatest.  DHHS is working with the Commonwealth Government to ensure testing is available in other locations. Council is also working with health authorities to try to get more assessment centres in the West.

Part of Pacific Werribee car park is now a COVID-19 mobile testing site.  The drive through site (lower carpark - accessible via Derrimut Road) is delivered by a team of clinical staff.  For more information call 1800 020 080 or visit https://bit.ly/2KI9DkI

Assessment centres have been established at a number of Victorian hospitals. You don't need to call ahead (unless stated otherwise below) if you attend one of the following clinics:

Metropolitan health services

  • Alfred Hospital         
  • Austin Hospital
  • Box Hill Hospital - Eastern Health            
  • Casey Hospital - Monash Health
  • Dandenong Hospital - Monash Health
  • Frankston Hospital - Peninsula Health
  • Monash Medical Centre, Clayton - Monash Health
  • Northern Hospital
  • Royal Children's Hospital
  • Royal Melbourne Hospital - Melbourne Health
  • St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne
  • Sunshine Hospital - Western Health

Regional health services

  • Ballarat Base Hospital - Ballarat Health Services
  • Barwon Health North, Geelong - Barwon Health (please call (03) 4215 4445 prior to attending)
  • Bacchus Marsh - Djerriwarrh Health Services
  • Benalla Health
  • Bendigo Hospital
  • Echuca Hospital - Echuca Regional Health
  • Maryborough District Health Service
  • Melton - Djerriwarrh Health Services
  • Mildura - Sunraysia Community Health Services (pre-call 5021 7653)
  • Phillip Island Health Hub - Bass Coast Health
  • Shepparton Hospital - Goulburn Valley Health
  • Swan Hill District Health
  • Wangaratta Hospital - Northeast Health
  • Warrnambool - South West Healthcare (pre-call 5563 1666)
  • Western District Health Service - Hamilton
  • Wimmera Health Care Group – Horsham
  • Wodonga Campus - Albury Wodonga Health
  • Wonthaggi Hospital - Bass Coast Health

Respiratory Clinics

  • Laverton Respiratory clinic in Laverton is a free testing clinic for people who meet the Commonwealth criteria for COVID-19 testing. The Laverton Respiratory Clinic is by appointment only, PH: 03 9448 5534
  • IPC Health Wyndham Vale campus, 510 Ballan Road, Wyndham Vale. Appointments are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 4:30pm.  Call 9216 7758  or use the online booking system: http://bookings.nookal.com/bookings/location/NNRTG

Visit Australia Government Respiratory Clinics for a full list

Back to top