Library Services and Facilities

Libraries are currently closed to the public.

  • In the meantime, we encourage residents to take advantage of our full 24/7 online library. This includes e-books, e-magazines, e-audio books, movie streaming and children’s educational games. Visit Wyndham Libraries.
  • Our library staff remain on call to answer any questions you may have between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday on 8734 2600.
  • Follow Libraries in Wyndham on Facebook and Instagram for regular news and updates
  • Sign up for a free online membership

Community Centres

Face to face customer service is back at three sites across Wyndham from Monday, 16 November!
If you’ve got an enquiry or need to make a payment, you can do so at the Wyndham City Civic Centre, Point Cook Community Learning Centre or Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre.
A couple of things before you visit: please ensure you’re wearing a face mask, maintain at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others, and sanitise upon arriving and leaving.
For those who would prefer to stay home – our friendly customer service staff are still able to help you by phone or Web Chat.
  • Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre (Mon – Fri, 10am-2.30pm)
  • Point Cook Community Learning Centre (Mon – Fri, 10am-5pm)
  • Plaza Library (Mon – Fri, 10am - 5pm)
  • Wyndham City Civic Centre (Mon – Fri, 9am – 4pm)

Other Community Centres are currently closed to the general public. Maternal and Child Health and Kindergarten services will still be operational at these sites.

Sporting Reserves and Playgrounds

Under stage four restrictions, exercise is limited to a maximum of two hours daily within 5km of your home, with one other person. There are no exemptions for family members or housemates to exercise in groups more than two, unless it is a dependent child who cannot be home alone. 

Pavilions and toilets at outdoor sporting reserves are closed to the public. Indoor sports centes, including gyms, training facilities and pools remain closed. Community sport training and competition is not permitted.

Playgrounds are open.

Maternal and Child Health Centres - Telephone Consultations

Maternal and Child Health services will continue as they are currently operating, with a focus of delivering face-to-face services to families with babies aged 0-8 weeks. This is not changing.

For any other existing Maternal and Child Health families, we are  continuing with telephone and video consultations, using a specialised Australian telehealth services. Families are able to chat face to face with nurses during appointments, or use the phone if preferred.

More information:

Kindergarten Services

Kindergarten services will resume onsite from Monday 5 October. A range of measures will be in place to ensure the safety of all staff and children.

Will my rubbish and recycling still be collected?

Yes, rubbish and recycling bins will be collected as usual.

Is the tip open?

The Refuse Disposal Facility is currently open to the public.

A range of measures are in place to ensure the facility can operate in a COVID-safe way. More information at

Can I still book a hard waste collection?

Yes you can by visiting Book a Hard & Green Waste Collection.

Will immunisation programs go ahead?

Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Immunisation sessions will be running via a booking system until further notice. Visit Immunisation to book.

Where can i collect a new syringe disposal bin from?

New Syringe Collection Containers can be collected from the Civic Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee, on Wednesdays and Fridays between 9am to 4pm.

Please call 9742 0777 upon arrival and advise the Customer Service officer that you are here to collect a NEW sharps container, we’ll organise for a staff member to come out and assist you.

Where can I dispose of my syringe bin?

There is a secured metal bin located at the Civic Centre, near the car park on the left hand side as you face the Civic Centre.  It is surrounded by a bamboo style fence. If you need further assistance call 9742 0777.

Are youth services continuing?

Youth Services Centres including the Youth Resource Centre in Hoppers Crossing and centres in Point Cook, Manor Lakes and Tarneit are closed until further notice.

All programs, activities and events are also cancelled until further notice.

Youth counselling will continue to operate but we will be monitoring the situation closely in the coming weeks. Booking can be made here:

If my dog is lost, who do I call?

The animal management team is working to ensure the safety and welfare of animals. If your dog is lost call call: Wyndham City Pound on 9742 0958 from 8am to 4pm, visit the Lost Animal Register or call the Lost Dog’s Home on 9329 2755.

If I find a stray dog, who do I call?

If you have a stray animal contained on your property please call Council on 9742 0777 (including after-hours).

If there is a dog attack who do I call?

If you have an urgent animal complaint such as a dog attack, an aggressive or dangerous dog, injured animals, stock on road, snakes you need to contact Wyndham City on 9742 0777.

We offer this service 24 hours a day and seven days a week. If you are calling afterhours, please follow the prompts to be redirected to Wyndham City’s afterhours service which will provide assistance.

Will the Wyndham City Pound remain open?

Yes, for the welfare of our animals, Wyndham City Pound will remain open for the foreseeable future. Call us on: 9742 0958

Will my delivered meals be available?

Yes, we will continue to deliver meals as usual.

Are there any changes to the personal care service?

This service will continue to ensure our residents receive the necessary care during these times.

Will domestic assistance, in-home respite, home maintenance and modification services continue?

These services will continue to ensure our residents receive the necessary care during these times..

Can I still apply for building or planning permission or what if I already have a planning or building application lodged with Council?

Yes, our building and planning staff are still working and are processing applications in the usual manner. While our Civic Centre and Community Centres are closed, you can contact our team by phone and email.

The application process and forms are available on our website by visiting Wyndham Building Permits or Planning Application Process.

Are Citizenship Ceremonies still running?

Wyndham City Council is pleased to announce that from the end of July until 22 September 2020, we will be hosting online Australian Citizenship Ceremonies, whereby participants will be able to pledge their commitment to Australia – the final step in the process of becoming an Australian citizen.

Wyndham City’s events team will be contacting all eligible participants in coming days and weeks – based off a list provided to us by the Department of Homes Affairs. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all in-person ceremonies have been cancelled until further notice. If you have any further questions about your citizenship status, please contact the Department of Home Affairs via their website or call 131 881.

Is the Werribee Visitor Information Centre open?

In line with the changes to COVID-19 restrictions, the Werribee Visitor Information Centre, located at the entrance to Werribee Open Range Zoo in the Werribee Park Precinct, will be closed from Wednesday 8 July 2020.

If you have enquiries about our region, staff are still available to help you via phone and email, daily from 9am – 4pm.

Phone: 03 8734 6006

Back to top