Wyndham City’s 2017/2018 Integrated Plan & Budget and City Plan 2017 - 2021 was adopted at Council’s Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday 27 June, 2017.
Divided into 4 overarching themes, the 2017 – 2021 Wyndham City Plan sets out the priorities which will guide the work Council will be doing over the next four years. These themes, strategies and initiatives provide a road-map for Council’s Annual Integrated Plan and Budget, and it’s against these that we also measure how well we’re achieving our targets.
This is also the first time that the Community Health, Wellbeing and Safety Plan is integrated into the City Plan. The amalgamation of these two plans represents a whole-of-Council commitment, across every service area and function at Council, to improve the health, wellbeing and livability for our community.
Wyndham City’s vision for a healthy, livable city is a place that:
- Is future focused and plans for sustainable development
- Embraces diversity and is welcoming and inclusive
- Consists of connected, vibrant neighbourhoods that provide for the cultural, social, economic and recreational needs of the community
- Encourages a healthy and active lifestyle
- Supports the diverse educational needs of the community
- Empowers the community to lead
For more information, or to join our stakeholder mailing list please contact the Senior Community Engagement Officer on 9742 0777 or WyndhamCityPlan@wyndham.vic.gov.au.
Wyndham City Plan's 4 Overarching Themes
The Wyndham City Plan 2017-21 sets out the priorities for Council’s work over the next four years. The works that are to be completed in the next 12 months are divided into 4 overarching themes.
People and Community
- Plan for the integrated Wyndham Justice Precinct with our partners.
- Integrate Council’s child, youth and family services with specialist service providers.
- Upgrade Wyndham Vale, Tarneit and Point Cook Community Centres.
- Complete the Chirnside Park hub precinct development.
- Construct the Wyndham Integrated Family and Children Centre and Aboriginal Community Centre.
- Develop a Customer Experience Strategy to put our customers first.
Places and Spaces
- Activate and revitalise the Werribee City Centre.
- Seek Federal and State Government funding of transport projects.
- Commence construction of the next landfill cell of the Refuse Disposal Facility.
- Construct Armstrong Road, Greens to Black Forest Rd.
- Construct Tarneit Road duplication between Hogans Road and Good News School.
- Prepare a transport and land use model for Wyndham.
- Contribute to regional transport advocacy and planning.
- Deliver a Landscape Renewal program focusing on local parks.
- Finalise an asset management strategy for Open Spaces in Wyndham.
- Complete construction of an active youth space in Baden Powell Drive Park.
- Complete the upgrade of Price Reserve playground and upgrade a number of other playgrounds and parks.
- Construction of ovals and landscaping at Williams Landing Boulevard Reserve.
Earning and Learning
- Develop an annual innovation and entrepreneurship summit that showcases innovative Wyndham City companies, individuals and business entrepreneurs.
- Undertake a detailed study of local industry and employment that will inform potential investment in targeted sectors.
- Create a website that promotes Wyndham as a business and investment destination and reaches out to local business and local, national and international investors.
Leadership and Participation
- Ensure our technological systems are streamlined and integrated.
- Respond to a rate capped environment and deliver value by ensuring sound long term financial planning.
- Ensure that our community is provided with good infrastructure facilities through alignment and monitoring of our Development Contributions Plans in Wyndham.
- Implement service improvements for economic and residential development permit applications.
- Use digital technology to streamline the online development assessment process.
The Strategic Indicators for the City Plan
The Strategic Indicators for the City Plan and the Liveability and Wellbeing Indicators for Wyndham show us how the community is fairing and what we need to focus our resources on. These sets of indicators will be regularly monitored and updated, they are available by visiting Community Profile.