Notice is given pursuant to Section 119(3) of the Local Government Act 1989 that, at its meeting on 2 February 2021, Wyndham City Council (Council) resolved to make the Governance Local Law 2021 (Local Law).
The purpose of the Local Law is to:
- regulate the use of the common seal;
- make it an offence for a person to use the common seal without the authority of Council;
- make it an offence for a person to record a meeting of Council or a Delegated Committee by audio or visual means without consent;
- make it an offence for a person to engage in an act of disorder at a meeting of Council or a Delegated Committee; and
- provide for the good governance of the municipal district.
The Local Law:
- revokes Council’s Governance Law 2013;
- provides for the form and safekeeping of Council’s common seal, and who can use the common seal;
- requires written consent to be obtained before a meeting can be recorded;
- creates offences relating to use of the common seal, recording meetings and behaviour at meetings; and
- provides for the administration and enforcement of the proposed Local Law.
A copy of the Local Law may be obtained, during office hours at the Wyndham City Council Office: 45 Princes Highway, Werribee 3030 and is also available on Council’s website.
Any person requiring further information concerning the adopted Local Law should in the first instance contact Council’s Customer Service Team on 9742 0777.