Harrison Ward Councillor, Kim McAliney, is Deputy Mayor for 2016/17
First elected in 2005 to 2012 Cr McAliney was Wyndham’s Mayor for 2007/8 and 2011/12 and Deputy Mayor in 2009/10.
Raising two sons, with a career spanning over 25 years, Cr McAliney has worked at accountancy firms, in the aged care and retirement sector, a multi-national company and a National Crisis Counselling service and held numerous board directorships.
Cr McAliney is FCPA qualified, has an Advanced Diploma in Public Safety (E.Mgt) and is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
A Director of City West Water since 2015 and the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trusts (GMCT ) since 2013, Cr McAliney has also been a member of the Victorian Veterans Council since 2016 and is a member of the Salvation Army State Social Command – Victoria.
Cr McAliney is Council’s Safer Communities Portfolio Holder, which covers perceptions of safety, justice, family violence, gender equity and emergency management and is Council’s delegated representative on the following internal and external advisory committees:
- Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) Emergency Management Reference Group
- Audit and Risk management Committee
- Community Safety Roundtable
- Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee (MEMPC)
- Preventing Family Violence Subcommittee AOC
- Roadsafe Westgate Community Road Safety Council
- Reserve working groups
- Werribee City Centre Safety Group
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: 0429 943 623